Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2007


Imbolc 2006

(a migrated blog)

My preparations for Imbolc are well under way, with another solitaire - solitary - ritual to be celebrated;) At least this time round there won't be that mad rush to get all ready for the festival, unlike Yule, where I ended up feeling like a bee in a bottle, and all for nothing it seems. C'est la vie...

My Rite is written up, and ready for printing; the straw is soaking, in preparation for Bridget's crosses, and the altar has been tidied and tweaked. I'll celebrate in the kitchen this time, as it feels most appropriate -- the creative and nurturing centre of the home, where all good things start.

And the garden is waiting, waiting, and I feel the pull of the soil as it readies itself for the new plantings. Can't wait for the first pickings of bok choy! and those luscious zucchini flowers just begging for a delicate, aromatic stuffing! Then the snap peas, and those late season crops of carrots and beetroot :) The self-seeded tommies are waiting, too, for the earth to warm itself for it's embrace.

(I wonder if the datura will show up again this season? And I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW how it came to grow in my garden???)

With the rest of Her creation, it's time for me to come out of hibernation.

No comments: